A basement concrete slab is a building foundation, a slab of concrete placed directly onto the ground which forms the floor of the basement. The advantages of using concrete as a material for basement concrete slabs are its cost-effectiveness, durability and easiness to work with.
- We prepare a base of a slab with an excavator or skid steer to level packing sand or crushed rock
- The base material – packing sand or rock, is compacted
- A water barrier is laid to prevent moisture rising through the slab
- The reinforcement is supplied and laid
- After the concrete is supplied, we screed it to level and finish it to specification
Roles and Responsibilities: Basement Concrete Slab
- Prepare base of slab using excavator or skid steer to level packing sand or crushed rock (as per engineers report)
- Compact base material (packing sand or rock)
- Laying of water barrier (this is required to prevent moisture rising through the slab)
- Organizing supply of reinforcement and laying into position
- Organize concrete and apply and screeded to levels and finished to specification
- Supply detailed engineering drawings of works required
Other Related Services Available
Interested in a quote?
we would love to hear from you! Simply fill in the form below and upload a copy of your building plans to get the process started!Get quote
Have a question? We’re here to help! Contact us today to discuss your project and get a quote within 24 hours!